HONDA CIVIC MAINTENANCE PROBLEM

1998 Honda Civic • 120,000 miles

I own a proton satria 2002 model at the moment. I recently drove a honda civic coupe 1.6lsi. Drives beautifully. I now dont know if I should buy this honda and trade in the proton or keep the proton. The proton is a younger car by 4 years and has done less mileage, obviously. The honda is a 1998 model with 120 000 mileage on the clock.

dont know what to do. The honda really drives better than the proton but because of the age, not sure if I should rather keep the proton.

Generally speaking, which is a better car, a proton or honda?

Honda definitely has the advantage over Proton.

Vehicle age definitely is a main factor but whatever vehicle you are driving, you know the history of it and would know what is good and what are due for replacement. A short drive in another vehicle might not tell you much except for the handling. How much you are going to spend on maintenance/repairs over the next few weeks or months is a question mark.

Personally, a vehicle serves its purpose as a means of transport and it is a matter of preference rather than which is a better car. The choice would still fall back to you.