TRUCK WON'T START

1998 GMC Acadia • V8 2WD Automatic • 2,600,000 miles

On my 1998 gmc 1500 it won't turn over. It tries but won't quite make it. I jumped it thinking it might be the battery and it started. Replace the battery and it won't turn over again. After I jumped it the one tim and it started I ran it around town, came home turned it off and it started right back up but after a couple of hours it wouldn't start again. Any suggestions? I really don't know what I'm doing barely know that much about mechanical issues. Thanks
Paula Oglesby

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing