MY BRAKES HAVE GROWN EXTREMELY SPONGY AND WEAK WITHIN THE LAST MONTH. THEY FEEL AS IF THEY ARE BEING OVER WORKED. WHEN I AM BACKING OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY ON A SLIGHT DECLINE IT ALMOST SEEMS LIKE THEY DON'T EVEN WORK. I HAVE DISCS IN THE FRONT AND DRUMS IN TH

1998 Ford F-150 • 192,000 miles

I have to start braking extremely early to ensure I stop in time. Spongy feeling on brake pedal. Even when brake pedal is fully depressed, it still doesn't stop, just slow lurks to a hault.
Stevepoons

Could be leaking somewhere, air in the brakes, worned out pads/shoes and the brake master cylinder

How would I go about troubleshooting this to figure out which problem is the one causing the issue?

Stevepoons
If you haven't work/lacking the experience on the brake system, you best bet is just bring it in and have it further checked-Remember the brake system is the most dangerous out of all