HOW DO I REMOVE MY OIL SUMP

1998 Ford Escort • 111,000 miles

I have a ford escort 75 van 1.8 td s reg 1998, and want to replace my sump gasket, I taken of the power steering pump from sump, removed starter motor to access sump bolts, removed all bolts holding sump, and it wont come off, what am I doing wrong or what have I missed, cheers Andy
Andy2010uk

Make sure you got all the bolts. Try prying on an edge where you can get leverage. Probably stuck on with sealant.

Fixitmr
Already tried that, just found fordtalk website, and on there it says you have to remove the flywheel because the rear crank seal carrier bolts to the block & the sump on a turbo diesel, can you confirm this cheers Andy

Andy2010uk
You can use a rubber mallet to persuade the pan loose, from it being on there for so long its basically "welded" to the block and trying to pry it loose may cause damage to the lip of the pan causing it not to seal correctly

Dshelly77
I read the tile and quick glanced at details I was refering to an ESCORT pan.

Fixitmr