HOW DO YOU REPLACE A TIMING BELT?

1998 Eagle Talon • 120,000 miles

Driving down the road and check engine light came on and oil light came on. Car immediately stopped. Put more oil in car. Didn't start. Found out that the spark plugs were bad and covered in oil. Replaced spark plugs still didn't start. Then saw that the timing belt was torn. Don't have the money to get it fixed. Can do it myself. HOW?
1998eagletalon

Put the engine no.1 piston on its compression stroke and align the camshaft and crankshaft markings as you see in the repair manual

Really depends on if you have the tools and how mechanically inclined you are. Sounds like you have the mechanical ability but that is something you have to decide yourself on that. Would you like to see the directions so you can make the judgment? Please tell me the 8th digit of your VIN, your engine size in liter and your specific model ie, Talon, Talon ESi, or Talon TSi.

ImpalaSS
It is a Talon ESi. 8th digit is Y. Engine size 2.0L

1998eagletalon
Not sure if you have the mechanical or hydraulic timing belt tensioner so I gave you both.

ImpalaSS