DODGE DURANGO COMPRESSION PROBLEM

1998 Dodge Durango • 160,000 miles

Just did plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Still kicking and bucking. When it does no power can put pedal to the floor and very little increase. But rpms really don't go down. Back fires at times too during this.

Did you check your fuel pressure? Can you check applicable trouble codes? Check your timing chain.

Yes I have have the fuel system check, pressure and out put checked out fine. It did throw a code of misfire on 2, 3, 4, and 8, but that was before plugs and all.

Sabrinacrader
Any present codes? Did you visually check for spark at misfire cylinders? Did you check injector pulse? You may need compression test?

No present codes. Replaced wires, plugs, cap, and rotor. What is injector pulse? Did have a shop tell me they thought it was burnt valve. Does this even seem like that could be it. When it started it was very random, only doing it every so often. Slowly became worse to the point of doing it at 70mph down the freeway.

Sabrinacrader
Without injector pulse, no fuel in cylinder. You can use a noid lite to check injector pulse. The autostore sells it.

Hopefully a cylinder compression test would show valve problem.