FAILURES IN ACCELERATION. CHOKING, THE SLOW OSCILLATION AND HIGH GASOLINE CONSUMPTION

1998 Daihatsu Terios • 100,000 miles

Failures in acceleration. Choking, the slow oscillation and high gasoline consumption.

Already changed the spark plugs and ignition cables, ignition coils, and the problem continues. Also I noticed that my fan is locked. It must be defective in viscous coupling, and the temperature of the car is always cold.
Fabio.lsouza

Scan for codes, check fuelpressure start there first

I'll check the fuel pressure. But one problem I have here in Brazil is compatible scanner with workshop to the central injection of the Daihatsu Terios. No one has!

Tks

Fabio.lsouza
An obdII scanner should work for codes

Where can I find this scanner?

Fabio.lsouza
Dont' know in Brazil but in u.S. Any auto parts store

Hi, I have a Terios 1998 too with a similar problem and I bought a OBDII ELM327 Bluetooth scanner in usa but don´t work in this car so be carefull. My car works cold and I think thats is because a problem in the thermostat or the Temp Sensor but I don´t know how to remove them. The fan works always that the car it turned on but it´s free when the car is off so I think that it´s fine.

Caferhe