VACUUM FROM THE TRANSDUCER TO THE EGR VALVE

1998 Chrysler Cirrus • 122,000 miles

When I remove the vacuum hose from the transducer to the egr valve the car runs perfect even when I come to a stop but if the vacuum hose is connected from the egr valve and transducer it whats to stall when I come to a stop and doesnt want to go when I press on the gas
Leavitt

The egr shouldnt have vacuum at idle so while the car is idling see if there is vacuum going to the egr valve it self?

There is no vacuum from the transducer to the egr valve but there is vacuum from the intake to the transducer if the will help explain

Leavitt
Ok so where is the problem?Is the transducer leaking vacuum or something?Iam trying to figure what your trying to say?

Ok the problem is the car runs rough and tries to stall everytime I come to a stop well and idles rough with the vacuum hose on the egr valve so I took the hose off and the car runs great but with the vacuum hose off that means that the egr valve is not allowing the gases to go to the intake to burn again I hope I have explained it correct and you would understand

Leavitt
Ok so with the hose removed from the egr valve your problem is solved?Also at idke there is no vacuum to the egr valve?If sounds like your egr valve is sticking when it opens and is still open when coming to stop even though no vacuum is going to it.

Yes but its not open its clesed but I can use a small screwdriver and move the egr valve diegram and it will move freely or hook up and vacuuum hose and suck on it and will open and the car will stall I dont know where to turn or what I should do know should I drive it with out the hose hooked up or is there a nothere problem which is telling the transducer not work any ideas would be helpfull

Leavitt
So does the car ever surge or run rough while driving down the road with the egr hose hooked up?

Yes it does in the city driving but when ur on the freeway its fine and the first stop is fin as well but when you come to the second stop it runs rough and tries to stall and you have to add gas before it stalls then you go to take off from the second stop it surgesabd thats with the hose hooked up but when I unhook the hose it runs great even in the city and stops im very confused at this piont

Leavitt
Sounds like your describing a bad egr valve it shouldnt act like that.I have seen them with weak return springs so when they open they open too far too fast. Also would make sense when you come to stop the valve isnt fully closed right away so you stall and run rough.

Problem fixed it was the egr valve transducer when bad and not the egr valve but thank you for your help (saturntech9) but one last word for those having the same problem locate the transducer and egr valve and use an hand held vacuum pump and test them both

Leavitt
Page 1 of 5