CHEVROLET CAVALIER SENSOR PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier • 162,000 miles

Why does my car die when the ETS Off light comes on?
Pnorman

I don't know first thing I would do is have the computers scanned for codes and let me know the exact code numbers you have.

The code reads cranshaft sensor but I replaced it twice didn't fix the problem

thanks

Pnorman
Alright what is the exact code number you have not code descriptions?

Sorry didn't keep it Auto Zone did the reading

Pnorman
I really need the exact code numbers so I can look up the trouble trees for you and help you figure this out.

Ok but thanks any way

Pnorman
I am here to help I would need those codes even if I was there working on the car. The first thing I would do is get my scan tool and see what codes you have.

I dont have a scan tool I've had it in 3 different shops and they can't figure it out I have replaced the fuel pump and filter the cam and crankshaft sensors the airflow sensor and the ICM board fuel relay tuned it up. THe car runs and drives great for a couple of days then the ETS Off light comes on then the check engine light and then it acts like it's running out of gas and dies, Sometimes it starts right back other times it takes maybe an hour before it starts back.

Pnorman
So why can't you go back to auto zone to get the codes read and write them down?That would be a great starting point the codes would tell us what system/circuit is failing when it happens since the light comes on when it acts up. Otherwise one could only guess whats failing and a lot more checking when its failing with a possible on hr window to do it all. So do you loose spark when I won't start?You can get a basic code reader for 20 and on that reads some live engine data for about 54 on amazon.

Well the car is in the shop and I can't get it back before Wednesday

Pnorman
Page 1 of 2