BLOWER MOTOR

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 282,000 miles

I have a 1998 chevy cavilier 4 cylinder 2.2 when you turn the heat on high speed or any speed you can hear the blower motor gradually slowing down to where it isnt blowing anything out of the vents, then you can turn it off and right back on and nothing blower wont even turn, nothing comes out of the vents, now if u leave it off for a few minutes and turn it back on it works just like before but then the process repeats itself.
Michael J Plantz

I'd check for voltage and ground at the blower motor, when the problem is ongoing. Purple wire is voltage, orange is ground. If you have good voltage and ground with no blower action, suspect the blower motor.

Usually any smaller interior motor, when I take it off, I use jumper wires from battery for voltage and ground, just to see if motor still acts-up, if it does, it is a faulty motor. If you try something like that, do use an inline fuse on one of the jumpers, just in case.

Ty for the advice, fro what I was explaining to you is that what it sounds like to you, because I know there a resistor, and a relay fuse, im not leaning towards the resistor, but could the relay cause this issue also, or strictly a bad blower motor what do you think. Ty

Michael J Plantz
I think it is your blower motor, but, without testing, I can't be sure? If you want to replace blower motor without testing anything, that is fine. You can blame me, if it still has same problem, that is fine. Then you will have to test the wiring circuits like you should have done in the first place. Either way, I'll help all I can.

One more question for u I took the insulator off the blower motor is right there I turn the blower motor on and nothing started hitting the bottom of it and it slowly started turning, hit it some more and it started turning more faster then started slowing down. So what do u think, its not a big deal I will test it like u said makes good since, but after I just did this what do u think. Thanks

Michael J Plantz
Sounds like the blower motor has a problem.