CHEVROLET CAMARO TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1998 Chevrolet Camaro • 140,000 miles

How do you replace the universal joint on a 1998 Chevy Camaro. I have been reading some reviews and they say that you have to cut something out. The problem I am having is when I take off and accelerate quick the rear end thumps. This happens going from first to second. I have to get off the gas and let it shift to second. I have not checked the transmission fluid. I will do it tomorrow. I will also have a person help me. I will place it on jack stands andhave them help me. I am curious of what this could be. I really dont want to drain the fluid out of the rear axle. I am afraid if something is broke then the car will be down for awhile. Thanks.
Sean03

Does not sounds like a u joint

check it tomorrow and look for the rear trans mount being broken

Ok I will and I will let you know. Any idea where the transmission mount is on this car. If not I will have to find my book somewhere. Also how hard is it to replace it if it is that. Thanks. I hope I can find my book.

Sean03
Its at the back of the trans. It is easy to change