BATTERY DRAIN

1998 Chevrolet Blazer • 165,000 miles

After sitting for about 4 to 7 days the battery is run down. I'm sure there is no lights on. Please help. Thanks, Bob Additional info. There is a spark when the neg. Battery cable is put back on. What ever it is it must be interesting repair to this model Chev. As I said there is no lights on.
Mailibu1955

PUT AN AMP METER BETWEEN THE BATTERY POS AND CABLE, START PULLING FUSES TO SEE WHICH CIRCUIT IS DRAWING EXCESS POWER.

Mhpautos
I don't have a amp meter. I have a dim light showing on my test light. I secured the door dome light switch. Each fuse was pulled one at a time(under the hood and from the dash panel). The light stayed dime. I do get a sizable spark when the neg. Cable is re attached. Thanks for your help.

Mailibu1955
Invest in a multi meter they are not expensive and this will help with all manner of electrical problems you encounter with the car.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the info. I'll get one this week. By the I'm from Portland, Maine.

Mailibu1955
OK, if you get stuck, post again.

Mhpautos
Based on what I've explained do you have any suggestions? I just believe I'm missing something simple.

Mailibu1955
You may have a faulty alternator, do the amp meter test and remove the alternator feed wire, a blown diode can also cause this.

Mhpautos
I'm excited about this as I think you are on to something, Thanks

Mailibu1955
Ok

Mhpautos
I really believed you were on to something. I disconnected everything attached to the alternator, the light remains on.I've ordered an amp meter on line and should be receiving it soon. In the meantime while I wait for the meter, if maybe you have one more suggestion it would be great. Thanks

Mailibu1955