HOW DO I GET IT TO START?

1998 Cadillac STS • 160,000 miles

The battery recently died and I bought a new one. When I replaced it and tried to start the car it would not let me. It showed that the "Starting Disabled, remove Key. I did this and tried using a spare key, nothing, same thing. I disconnected the battery again got the same response. Tried rocking the car, nothing. How do I get the car started and disable that function?
Anochd1

Put key in igninition and turn to on. Leave it like that until security light goes out. This can take up to 10 minutes. Turn key off then try to start the car. This resets the security system.

Just did that. Security light went off, turned it to off and then tried to start it. Same result, didn't start.

Anochd1
It may have to be reprogrammed then to start and run.

If the light is off now. Check the voltage on the battery then for start signal from the ingition switch on the steering column. If need check your voltages at the ing. Switch

Cadieman