THE CAR RATTLES AND SWAY WHEN DRIVING.

1998 Cadillac Deville • 77,892 miles

I have front end steering or suspension problems. I was told to check my sway bar links but they were fine.

Rattles when at low speeds driving on bumpy roads. Sways when cornering and accelerating. Takes pot holes very hard. I was told it could be my control arm bushings or sway bar bushings. The bushing on front right lower control has started to chip away. I have no idea whats the source of this problem. Could you give me some insight on this matter. What area of my car should I be checking?
Marcus4dyce

It sounds like you have a few things going on. If the busing has a chip out of it, that is very bad. It is not even good when they get old and start to harden. Eventually there will be no bushing and a great deal of suspension play will be in its place as well as metal to metal contact. The swaying is probably from the sway bar bushings having failed as well as the need for new shcoks and struts ans well as an alignment.