WHAT CAN BE WRONG WIT MY CAR I JUMP START THE CAR BUT EXIDENTLY PUT THE CABLES WRONG THEN IT DID NOT START BECAUSE THE FUEL PUMP DI NOT PUMP.

1997 Volkswagen Jetta

I fittet a new pump so it start then I just drive a few kilometers and parked the car. When I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead after a few seconds. Ther is power on the harnas but the pump won't pump. What can be the fault. I need help urgently.
William29

Did you reverse the cables? If so, look for blown main fuses as well as other fuses.

I did but the thing is after I fitet a new pump it did start again but when I parked the car and after a few hours when I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead I checked the cables that plug in at the fuel pump I did get power on them but the pump don't comes on when I plug it in

William29
Did you use a new or used pump? Check your connections, make sure you have gas and re check the fuses.