TOYOTA CAMRY ROOF PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Camry • 214,000 miles

My 97 toyota camry's electric sun/moon roof was working great. It appears that someone tried to break into it. At first the motor was clicking & making noise (trying to open). Only the back part will lift up then down but it won't slide back.

When the back is lifted up then closed, its doesn't seem like its sitting right. (You have to push down slightly to make it go down level with the roof, then it looks like it sits a bit lower).

Now it doesn't make much noise when trying to slide back.

How can I tell if it is off the track? How to repair?
Gin.intex

If the sunroof is not closing level, it can be adjusted. There aren't much info in our database and it is rather difficult to explain the procedures unless you know what you are doing.

SUN ROOF HEIGHT

Close sun roof fully. Measure sun roof height. Roof panel should be even with glass weatherstrip within 0.06" (1.5 mm). If adjustment is required, install or remove shims between bracket and sun roof. Recheck sun roof height.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I could possibly find a diagram of the shims? Thanks a bunch!

Gin.intex
http://bgbonline.celicatech.com/93celica/bo/sunroof.pdf

Try above link. It should be helpful. Procedure is similar.

Thank You!

Gin.intex
You're welcome.