WHERE IS THE ABS CONTROL MODULE?

1997 Subaru Legacy • 110,000 miles

1997 Subaru Legacy L Wagon: Where is the ABS control module?

I am a member at AlldataDIY. Com and I can access the connector pin assignments but it is not clear where I can find the module itself.

Thanks,
Frank
Fhor

1) Remove floor mat located under lower right side of front seat.
2) Remove screw which secure ABS control module from the body.
3) Disconnect connector from ABS control module.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, I have read this info on AlldataDIY. Com but it is rather confusing: is "lower right side of front seat" on the front panel in front of the passenger seat? Or under the driver's side seat at the right rail? Where should I remove the floor mat to access the ABS control? It would require to remove the whole front seat rail if it were under either seat. I tried to sense it by hand but nothing found beneath the floor mat; there is only the heating outlet. The most probable location may be the front panel but it also requires removing the floor mat so I want to be sure before commencing work. Please help me with a little more precise info.

Thanks,
Frank

Fhor
You may have to expose the underside of the seat. Remove the seat and peel back the rug.

Which seat? Driver or passenger?

Fhor
My info says passenger seat.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try it tomorrow.

Regards,
Frank

Fhor