SPARK PLUG FAILER

1997 Saturn Other • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 110,000 miles

I HAVE A 1997 SATURN 4CYLNDER AUTO, AND IT KEEPS BURNING OUT THE NUMBER THREE CYILNDER PLUG WIRE.I JUST REPLACED THE SET OF WIRES ON FRIDAY AND NOW ITS ONLY SATURDAY AND THE WIRE JUST SEPERATES FROM THE SHEATH WHEN I PULLED THE SHEATH OFF THE PLUG. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPEND ON THE SAME PLUG WIRE.I HAVE NOW REPLACED THE PLUG WIRES FOR A TOTAL OF THREE TIMES. THANK GOD FOR LIFETIME WARENTEES. BAD CYILNDER?
PATTUCKER

Plug wires do not fail like that on their own unless they are just substandard junk to start with. Buy better parts and you probably won't have so much trouble.

Wrenchtech
I need to know if you have a twin cam or single cam engine?Twin cam has the spark plug's straight up and the single cam has the plugs facing the front of the car. Also what brand wire's are using?SO are you saying the spark plug wire where it goes on the plug the crimped end is coming off?Does it cause a miss fire that's how you know it's burning out?