NEW IAC VALVE HIGH RPMS 3-4 THOUSAND

1997 Pontiac Grand Am • 171,000 miles

I bought a new iac valve and installed it on the car, couple days later I find out that the connections were bad and my car was in?Limp mode, I then replaced the connections and then proceeded to start the car, I started the car and the rpms starting rising to 3-4k rpm but I had the coolant cap off I then put the cap back on and cleaned up the coolant and proceeded to start the car again and it still rose to 3-4k rpms. How can I fix this problem? Please help. Im to scared to switch gears because I dont want to grind the gears.
Josh359

First clean the throttleplate on both sides as well as iac hole. Or remove the iac and shoot choke cleaner in it then start the car. Then drive it at least 35 mph to reset the iac and see how it goes. While under the hood look for any vacuum lines disconnected.

Before I saw your response I had me and my buddy redo the new connections I got for the iac and that fixed the problem it drives alot better now but now im stuck with the cylinder 1 misfire code p0301, I checked the front spark plugs and they are all fine but I cant reach the back spark plugs, I believe I need to change the fuel injector for cylinder 1 due to leaking o rings if im?Correct? Is there a certain way to change the fuel injector? Thanks for all your help!

Josh359
Check yoru fuel pressure first that can also cause a misfire and then check for vacuum leaks, spray choke cleaner around intake if rpms go up or down you've found the leak. It should be 41-47 psi. Make sure all yoru electrical like plugs and wires are good as well.