NO HEAT

1997 Pontiac Grand Am

I have no heat in my 97 grand am se 3.1. I've replaced the thermostat and heater core and tried to bleed the system. What do I do
Roylafrentz

Ensure the coolant level is correct. If the hoses in and out of heater core are hot, check the air/mix. It could be stuck or the actuator is not moving between heat and A/C.

I had heat until I replaced the heater core and thermostat. It stopped when I got it back together. I made sure everything was hooked back up the same as it was before I took it off. The selector works but it is slow in switching.

Roylafrentz
When you move the heat control lever from full cold to full heat, do you hear a door slam noise?

No I do not. There is no noise at all

Roylafrentz
Recheck the installation of the temperature valve door. The cable seems to be out of adjustment resulting in the door not closing fully.

ADJUSTMENTS

TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE

1. Temperature control cable has a self-adjusting clip located on A/C-heater module end. To adjust cable, quickly turn temperature control knob back and forth from full cool to full warm position. If clip requires adjustment, added effort will be necessary to move temperature control knob through final part of travel.

2. When adjustment is complete, temperature valve will be heard hitting stops at both extremes of travel. If valve is not heard hitting stops, remove cable end eyelet from actuator and turn eyelet until threads on cable end are flush with inner end of eyelet housing.