NISSAN SENTRA SENSOR PROBLEM

1997 Nissan Sentra • 130 miles

My 97 Sentra is running rough, just out of no where started. Feels like an o2 sensor or timing but Im not sure. My friend pulled the cap off and said there was build up on the aluminum points and rotor, and the spark plug wires have white lines on the sides that were touching each other. The diagnostics center is closed today or I would take it. Also aside from the rough idle and run, it has very very little power to get up and go. You have to get the engine to kick down to get up to speed(55). Can you help?

Thank you
Andrewgiddens

O2 sensor will not cause rough running

i would pull out the plugs, start there. A tune may be in order with plugs/wires/cap and rotor

Ok thank you Roy, is there an urgency to do this right away or can it wait til Monday when the shop is open?

Andrewgiddens
I would not wait too long as you may damage the cat converter by driving on it with a miss

Done deal, thanks very much for your time Roy.

Andrewgiddens
No sweat happy new year