SUSPENSION

1997 Nissan Altima • 128,000 miles

My car squeaks everytime I go over a bump and I can feel it swaying. I even went and got it inspected and was told it wasnt my suspension it was in fact my tires. Is it something wrong with my suspension or is it because I need new tires?
Cherelle89

What kind of squeek is it and where is it coming from? Does it sway worse when driving fast? Did they only inspect under the car or did the look under hood and in teunk?

Mikederouin88
Probably neither. I'd head to a different shop for a second opinion.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.