GS

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 100,000 miles

I bought an eclipse that has been sitting for a year. The guy I bought it from put a new engine in it and says it was running before he parked it. He said it wont start cause its been burning up the battery. What could be causing this or could it be something else. Thanks for the help.
RMDO361

If the battery is benig drained, it should be a fault with parasitic drain, likely to be a component that is not turning off when required.

Have the battery tested.

Bought a new battery car turns over good seems like it wants to start added supreme gas still doesnt wanna start. I think it might be the fuel pump. Checked the plugs wires and have good spark thats the only thing I can think of. Any suggeations?

RMDO361
Open the fuel filler cap and put your ear to it. Have an assistant turn on the ignition switch and if there is no purring noise, the fuel pump is not working.

It is possible the fuel pump has seized due to the long period of oinactivity.

Check the power supply to the fuel pump relay and from relay to pump. Have the fuel pressure tested if possible.