JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SENSOR PROBLEM

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 11,908 miles

I have a 1997 jeep grand cherokee and it keeps stalling on me when I would start it so a mechanic told me it was the camshaft sensor so I changed that and it was running fine for 2 days and as im driving it it started to stall and pull back. I thought if I changed the sensor it would be fine but it seems like I just have the same problem do you think you can help me with this situation?

The engine won't run with a bad camshaft position sensor so there's no point in changing it, especially since no diagnostic tests pointed to that. Have you checked the diagnostic fault codes? Was the battery recently disconnected or run dead? When does this stalling occur, at any speed or just at idle such as when approaching a stop sign? Will the engine restart right away or does it have to cool down first for an hour?