DEALER OIL CHANGE... NOW NO OIL

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 19,000 miles

Yesterday I took my jeep in to have oil changed. Driving home I saw a little white smoke at stop however figured it was excess oil on engine burning off after oil change, then my oil pressure light came on. Once home I noticed oil drops on ground and puddle of oil forming under car. Checked dip stick 45 minutes later and car has no oil.

My question is what now what. I called dealer and they sent a tow truck. Driver arrived and advised that a mechanic from dealer needs to come out and advise before moving the car. He then left.

Also, what checks and balances should u ask about. It's an expensive lease car. How do I ask for a guarantee that no damage has occurred. I'm sure somebody just forgot to tighten something but now I'm very worried.
Sparonight

Chances are they either left the drain plug loose, the oil filter loose or double gasketed the oil filter. Before I can truly direct you, I need to know if you heard any knocking or ticking from the engine at any point? Did the engine overheat or anything other than the oil light come on?

No just the oil pressure light and the white smoke from engine at stop light. I think as u parked the engine sounded a little rough but that's it

Sparonight
If you didn't hear any noise from the engine, things should be okay. Once they get the oil back in the engine, let me know how it runs or if it makes any noise.

One last question. Was the smoke coming from the engine compartment or out the exhaust?

I was at a light and was coming from hood. I figures it was just excess oil but when I opened hood engine was clean. They are sending out a tech to check out the car now.

Sparonight
Most likely, the oil was hitting the exhaust under the engine and smoking. Let me know what the tech tells you. I'll be looking for your reply.