HOW CAN I FIX IT

1997 Isuzu Hombre • 197,000 miles

This truck was sitting for 2 years and check engine lite was on. The code indicated random misfire and air mass problem. I replaced all 6 spark plugs ( needless to say had to take the front tires off to do that) and
replaced air filter and cleaned the air mass by spray I bought from lows
but after connecting everything it works a little worse than before and same readings come on. Also antibrake lite is on. Thank you for your advice. Andi
Isuzu97

Hi andy the anti brake is an abs prob most likely from sitting and will go away after driving for awhile. These vehicles have some elec probs. I would first check the plug that plugs into the throttle bore the harness corrodes right there and causes bad connection usually the wires will need repaired.

Billymac
I did not understand is electric plug cause of misfire or it was a response to antilock brake problem

Isuzu97
Sorry for the confusion. The elec connection could be the cause of the misfire. The plugs. If this truck is a v-6 and has individual coils then the coils can be bad but not usually a cause for random misfire. So yes the wireing harness is the usual suspect with this vehicle. This is a very complex fuel system as you already know I am sure. The mass airflow could be mad but first you have to make sure the elec conections are all good. Good luck

Billymac