NEW WIRE HARNESS FOR FUEL PUMP

1997 Isuzu Hombre • 167,000 miles

1997 Isuzu Hombre V6, - Two black wires, does it matter which black wire is attached to truck black wires?

On the new wire harness for the fuel pump I'm installing there are two black wires and one seems to be a little thicker then then the other and the black wires on the truck are the same size.

Does it matter which black wire is attached to the ones on the truck?
Barnboy

If you get it mixed up the pump will run. In. Reverse and wont work correctly.

How do you know what black from harness to hook up to what black on truck?

Barnboy
That's gm wiring the terminal A is gray that's the power feed to the pump then terminal C is black which is the ground to the fuel pump.

I see the letter designation for the different color wires on the old connector harness but there is no letter designation on the new harness connector to know which is the black ground wire?

Barnboy
Use the old one and match it up with new to tell which letter is which. That's all you have to do use it as color key as well that's what I would do.

The new connector on the left is a different shape than the old connector so I don't know how to match them up Because they don't line up the same.

Barnboy
Did the new connector come with instructions like how to wire it?

No it did not

Barnboy
Are the wires to the pump color coated?

Also what brand pump is it?