HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE OXYGEN SENSOR IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE

1997 Ford Expedition • V8 4WD Automatic •

Can, t remove the sensor on the front passenger side we heated it and still can, t get it out any suggestions
Willy2be

Go in through the right side tire well. We use a special o2 sensor rachett handle to break it loose. It is very tight.

Its a 7\8th wrench or socket

Djcl
I tried that still would not come out I even applied heat and still no luck I even took out transmission dip stick to get to it

Willy2be
Did you heat the pipe? Not the 02 sensor. @ This point you might need a new pipe or have to repair the 02 hole when it comes out. Is the nut striping or just not braking free?

Djcl
I do have the rethreader tool cause one of the other ones had to be re treaded and I heated the pipe and the nut just ain, t braking free the nut is not striped yet but i, m afaid that might happen the worst part I seen the nut move alittle bit now it won, t move any further

Willy2be
Work it back and forth spraying it with lube.

Djcl