MODULES

1997 Ford Expedition • V8 4WD Automatic • 200 miles

I've been told by Ford that my engine module and BCM module needs to be changed. Any way of repairing the original one?
Qanda2009

No, there isn't but I'm a little surprised to hear it needs both. That's a bit unusual unless the car experienced a serious electrical spike for some reason.

Wrenchtech
The theft light started flashing after the pitman arm was changed and a little water was dried out of the passenger side headlamp. Could've been that they hammered a little too hard when changing the pitman arm?

Qanda2009
I don't see the connection at all.

Wrenchtech
No idea. Just know it's costing about 2,000 dollars.

Qanda2009
Just back from Ford. They don't have anymore BCM modules for the 97' model. Car released with no charge. What now? Spoken to one mechanic who reckons he can get a reconditioned computer and install it. No other option. What a nightmare. (I enquired about the ignition coil, but the mechanic reckons there isn't one in this vehicle).

Qanda2009