DODGE DAKOTA FUSE PROBLEM

1997 Dodge Dakota

I have a 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport. My dash lights and tail lights do not work. Checked the fuses and it was blown. I replaced it everything was fine for a few days. Today got in truck rode down the road suddenly no dash or taillights. Fuse blown changed it and the fuse blew again. Please tell me how to look for the short or if anyone has any idea how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

A simple trick to finding a short is to replace the blown fuse with a pair of spade terminals, then use small jumper wires to connect them to a 12 volt light bulb. A brake light bulb works well. When the circuit is live and the short is present, the bulb will be full brightness and hot so be sure it's not laying on the carpet or against a plastic door panel. Now you can unplug electrical connectors and move things around to see what makes the short go away. When it does, the bulb will get dim or go out.

Check for a chewed up trailer wiring harness.