LSI 3.8, AUTOMATIC 120K MILES WIPERS MOTOR WONT MOVE WIPER ARMS.

1997 Chrysler Town and Country • 125 miles

1997 Chrysler Town and Country LSI 3.8, Automatic 120k miles, Central Florida.
I replaced my windshield wiper motor. After I checked that the motor works I put the wiper arms on and it quit working. I checked the nuts that hold the arms on, then I took it all apart and put it back together again. I had to be sure it was not an error on my part. The same thing happened. Actually I only need to put one arm on for it to stop working. You can hear the motor working it just does not seem to be able to move the arms. When I take them off it works again. Before I had to replace the motor, every once in a while the wipers would not turn off until I turned the motor off.
Dodie57

Without connecting the linkages, lift the wiper arms off the windshield and manually push and pull the wiper arm linkages to check if they are seized.

When replacing the wiper motor, did you set the wiper motor to the parked position?

I checked that the linkage moves freely and it does. I am not sure how to set it to the parked position. I was told at the auto parts store to connect the motor. (Not to the linkage just the wiring.)Turn it on run it for a sec then turn it off and it should park it's self. Is there another way?
Thank you so much. DN

Dodie57
Yes, that is the correct way to park the motor but after turning the wiper switch off, you need to wait for the motor to stop before turning the ignition switch off. Hope you did this correctly.

Was the wiper crank (pivot arm) removed from wiper motor? If yes, you would need to reset its position correctly.