CHEVY 4X4 5.7L. SIGNAL LIGHT(S) NOT WORKING

1997 Chevrolet Silverado • 165,000 miles

1997 chevy silverado 4x4 5.7l. Passenger side signal not working, I turn on dash and headlights neither rear signal lights work, I check the wiring harnesses and disconnected trailer wiring found nothing wrong there.I had gm look at it recently, had no help there. I checked a few diagrams I could find and it seems to point to switching system in steering column but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Vtowner

ARE YOU DOING THIS YOURSELF NOW?

DO YOU HAVE SIMPLE TEST EQUIPMENT....VOLTMETER ...TEST LIGHT.....KNOW HOW, AS FAR AS RUNNING CONTINUITY TESTS AND SUCH???

I AM LIMITED ON THIS NEW COMPUTERIZED CRAP....I DO WHAT'S NECESSARY WHEN IT COMES TO WIFE AND FAMILY'S STUFF. I'M STILL RIDING AROUND DAILY IN A 36 YEAR OLD CJ 5 AND 66 YEAR OLD WILLYS JEEP..........I PREFER SIMPLE, LAST FOREVER STUFF!

NEVER THE LESS, I WAS SORTA PUT IN THIS POSITION, AS I AM A DIYer ALSO, I DO HELP ALL I CAN, "MY TERRITORY" IS OVER IN THE 2CAR JEEP CJ 5 AND 7 FORUMS.......IF YOU'D SELL THIS RIG AND GET A CJ, WE COULD BE BEST BUDDIES!

I WILL HELP YOU SOME, WITH WHAT I CAN DO!.....OTHER GUYS ARE GOOD ABOUT JUMPING IN AND HELPIN' TOO, SO WHATCH FOR 'EM

IS THIS YOUR SWITCH?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Combination-Switch-BWD_18971356-P_2511_R%7CGRPSESWAMS_____#

IF IT COMES DOWN TO PURCHASING THIS OVER PRICED HUNK OF PLASTIC, I CAN CLUE YOU IN ON SAVING $$$ ON IT.....JUST ASK!......THIS OVERLOOKED ASSET WORKS AT ALL KINDS OF PLACES

I FOUND YOU A DIAGRAM IN "MITCHELL I", AS AN "ANSWERING STUD MUFFIN" HERE ON 2CAR, I CAN GET THEM FOR YOU.

THIS ONE IS FOR "EXTERIOR LAMPS"...LOOKS LIKE IT SHOWS WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN

THERE ARE MANY MORE FOR THE REST OF THE WIRING, IT IS NOT FEASIBLE TO GET 'EM ALL FOR YOU (MITCHELL SORTA WANTS YOU [AND ME] TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR SYSTEM, THEY ARE NOT A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION!)

SINCE I DO HAVE ACCESS TO THE SYSTEM, I DO NOT MIND GETTING "SPECIFIC DIAGRAMS" FOR YOU....JUST NOT ALL OF 'EM!

WITHOUT BROADCASTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUM, IF YOU CANNOT SEE THIS DIAGRAM WELL......TELL ME....I WILL INITIATE A WAY TO GET IT TO YOU. MITCHELL DIAGRAMS ARE "CRISP" IN MY DOWNLOADS, THEY ARE SO EZ TO UNDERSTAND. DEPENDING ON SIZE AND CONTENT, THEY MAY SHOW UP GREAT....THEN AGAIN, COULD BE A BLUR, ONCE I LOAD IT INTO MY ANSWER

I have the same drawing and I did check everything with a voltmeter, discovered a new problem with driver front light too, its being looked at again by GM at the moment. Everything points to the switch in steering column malfunctioning intermittently from conversation with mechanic so there looking into for me if parts are needed

Vtowner
ROGER--IF YOU ARE GONNA GET AFTERMARKET STUFF, I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO SAVE (IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW THE METHOD)

THE STEALERSHIP STUFF IS NOT NECESSARILY THE "ALL TIME BESTUS STUFF"!....AS YOU ARE LEAD TO BELIEVE......SAD THING IS, IF THEY DO THE JOB, THEIR PARTS ARE A REQUIREMENT

SHOULD YOU WANT TO SELECT A LESSER EXPENSIVE ROUTE

SEE MY ANSWER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2003-chrysler-town-country-need-help-please

KEEP US INFORMED ON PROGRESS---IT WOULD NOT HURT TO GET A 2ND OPINION/ BID ON REPLACIN' YOUR MULTI-FUNCTION SWITCH

I'M JUST OFFERING OTHER OPTIONS--YOU ARE NOT "LOCKED IN" TO JUST ONE!