MY CAR HAS BEEN STALLING AFTER IT HEATS UP.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier • 247,000 miles

Recently, I would be driving my car (however long, whatever distance) and it would be fine. I'd stop at the store or something for 10-15 min or whatever, and start my car up. It starts kinda rough, and when I put it into gear and push the gas pedal, it kind of sputters, and eventually stalls out. After trying to restart it multiple times, it finally catches. And after letting it sit for at least an hour, it starts up, and runs fine. There sometimes is still a little "sputtering" when idling at a stop light, but other than that, when I get going its fine. What would be causing something like this? Thanks for the help!
97Cavalier

Symptoms indicates possible low idling speed. Get the throttle body and IAC cleaned and retest.

Sounds like you could have a fuel pump getting hot and binding when restarted but you would have to take a fuel pressure reading at the moment that occurs.

Wrenchtech
I'll definitely look into those, thanks! But if it helps, today it is pretty cool, and rainy and it didn't show any signs of wanting to stall. Where yesterday, when it was stalling, it was pretty hot out. If that could effect it at all.

97Cavalier
Check the coolant level and Engine Coolant Temperature sensor as well.

Ignition control module icm or ckp crankshaft position sensor

Renegade65
He last responded in March. I would think he has it resolved by now.

Wrenchtech