FUEL SMELL

1997 Buick Skylark • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 58,000 miles

I have a 97 skylark 2.4L, it has a strong fuel odor, I change the fuel injectors Orings and the pressure regulator, I have one injector that is making a hissing sound but other then that I can't the location of the smell, I can smell it throught the vents but only when the AC is on. Thanks for any information.
D50311

Use a gage and check fuel pressure, check that the pressure holds after the fuel pump stops. Check all fuel lines under the vehicle, under the hood.

Could be an emissions leak, somewhere. Any applicable mil codes?

No codes at all. I will have a shop check the fuel pressure. Thank you.

D50311
My bad, you wouldn't have mil codes anyway. At the least, you would have to use an obd2 code reader.

I found the problem it was the last injector under the air breather it was barely leaking when the car was running but when you just turned it on it leaked pretty good, I finally had my wife turn the car on while I watched the injectors. Thank you so much for your help.

D50311
Glad you got it going your way.