OVER HEATING

1997 Acura Integra

I have a 1997 Acura Integra 1.8 engine (4 Door). I had it over heat on me the other day and I did notice that my cooling fans was not comming on when the car would idel. The fans came on when I turned on my AC. So, what I did was pulled the switch of the coolant sensor and touched the sensor with a paper clip and the fans came on. So I replaced the coolant sensor with a new one. Well, my fans still do not come on. Would it be that the thermostat is stuck? If so where would I locat that thermostat on my 1997 Integra?
Dana_Guam

Hafa Adai to do mauleg from Dededo this moment, Is it an LS, GS, RS coupe or sedan. Try the Stat and get back with me.

Si Yu’us ma’ase
It's just a Gs model. I am out here in CA. I have replaced this part at the end of the summer of 2010. I hope it is nothing else that I will have to replace. If I remember the one I bought last summer is the type that is not supposed to close. But then again anything is not full proof.
Thanks,
D. Calvo

Dana_Guam
The thermostat controls the engine temperature and the coolant temperature sensor reads it and send it to the computer for other purposes rather than the cooling fans itself -when the computer picks up the correct coolant temperature it activates the fan relay to fire up the cooling fans

If I remember the one I bought last summer is the type that is not supposed to close. The thermostat is not suppose to work that way-if it stays open the engine will not reach the correct operating temperature where the computer should fire up the fans and also you'll be burning gas bcuz its locked-up in the open loop mode-not switching to closed loop-where the oxygen sensor is controlling the air/fuel mixture.

The pic I gave earlier is where the thermostat at-let me know-click on my name and send me PM