ACURA CL BODY PROBLEM

1997 Acura CL • 102,000 miles

How do I remove and replace the back seat in my 1997 Acura CL3.0? What tools do I need?

Al
Alfie1940

Generally you will find you need a 10mm and a 12mm socket with extensuion. Pulling the parts of where the top and bottom meet you will find two bolts on each side and possibly one in the center. The start to pull. The back of the seat off and you will dind that the lower seat is either held in with plastic plugs or is pulled out with an outward and curving motion as it is on backet curved brakets that slide into the body of the car. The plastic plugs will just pop out with a gentle nudge from a screwdriver. Check to see if there is any more retention bolts for the top and then just pull it straight up. It might take a gentle wahack to get it out. Watch out as you may have to remove trim panels to pull this part of the seat. Watch the seat belts as you work through it as well.