ATF - FLUSHING METHOD

1996 SAAB 900 • 150,000 miles

Dear Sir,
I would like to know how to change the automatic transmission fluid(ATF) by flushing. I went to the shop, the mechanic cannot understand the ATF route so cannot jump to the exchanger, he showed me he had the adapter for SAAB for this.
Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
nattapong c.
Ntp

I don't recommend flushing might make things worst than it is

Not sure what it is that you are asking here. You need to machine hooked up to be able to do this. I don't see a problem with doing it provided that the trans doesn't already have a problem. It's a good thing to do as a preventative but should not be used as any kind of repair.

Wrenchtech
As I had described about the water that passed through the gear system, it now makes the speed changing especially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are not smooth, if it is hard to change from speed 1 to 2 then 2 to 3 will change more faster and this produce some force to flick the car and when the situation like this occurs the "check gearbox" would light up and the car has no power -the thing I have to do is restart that the "check gearbox" will goes off and I have to accelerate carefully for those speeds.
For this reason, and for my opinion because the water that enamel the precised gear and make a faulty working, flushing the transmission fluid should bring out some of the water. Please tell me if this is wrong. If it would help please tell me how to this. Thank you very much.

Ntp