WIRING HARNESS FOR

1996 Plymouth Neon • 145,000 miles

Right side was cut and the car will not start, its trying too, but the the gauges are surging and when the right turn signal is on the hazards come on. And, the abs light stays on even with the ignition off. Followed the 96 service manual diagram and this is whats happening. What are we doing wrong? Pls help!
Blair1977

Something is wrong with the wiring and it is possible a ground circuit is bad.

Right side? Where is the harness? How did you re attach?

Yes, right side. Spade connectors into the post on the back of the cluster

Blair1977
The harness is in there its just the clip that connects to the cluster that got cut off on the right side

Blair1977
How do u got about checking the ground circuit?

Blair1977
The wires that you have spliced should have one for ground. Ensure it is spliced correctly and all wires to have been reconnected according to color. Check and ensure the connector is plugged in fully and terminal pins are not bent.

For the ground circuit, trace the wire to the ground location. Ensure the bolt is clean, tight and secured to body. For front corners the ground is most likely to be behind the headlights at inner panel.

Originally the car started spittn n sputtering and would die out I got it home and tried looking at the cluster when I pulled it out it had spade connecters on it and they pulled out cus I pulled the cluster out cuz I thought it might b the problem cuz it seem to b shorting out or surging either way wasnt acting right so then I moved on to the fuelpump and was good that day then the next day it was bad wouldnt even come on so changed that then realised I wasnt getting any spark or any fuel out the injectors changed out the auto shut off relay still nothing thats when I fixed the cluster and thought that maybe that could have something to do with it but as I said its acted messed up it just seems like the problem is electrical but cant pin point it have also changed out the ecm and almost all the sensors and relays under the hood are new and filters and all please help im bout to blow up this pos!

Blair1977
Have you tried checking for trouble codes?

It wont read anything

Blair1977
If the scan tool is not communicating, it could be a blown fuse or a missing power supply or the PCM is bad. Could be a fault with the security system as well. Try checking the fuses first.