PASSENGER CLIMATE CONTROL

1996 Oldsmobile LSS • 195,000 miles

Prior to this issue I had loose cable connections to the battery. Recently after correcting the problem my climate control temperature display starts flashing for a while after starting the car, eventually it stops. While my wife was driving the car we had turned the heat on because it was getting cold and I noticed that while the driver side was nice and toasty the passenger side was rather cold. Even though I had set the passenger temperature to as hot as possible it was blowing cool air. What could my problem possibly be?
Zander_83

Upon some digging I found this.

Vehicle Application: 1996 LSS 3.8
Customer Concern: Lose temperature control for the passenger side at times. OK now. The temperature indicator is flashing, when the condition is present.
Average Reported Mileage: 124000
Tests/Procedures: 1. With a capable scan tool, go into Heat Vent Air Conditioning (HVAC) system, check for codes.

2. Code may provide a direction to pursue.

The most common part failure is the HVAC programmer. Without having it verified bad, its a shot in the dark. I hope this helps.

Madmike1735