WHAT TYPE OF TRANSMISSION OIL GOES INTO

1996 Mercury Tracer • 20,000 miles

I bought some and looked at it and it was red in color, looked at cap & residue on resevoir and it looked clear/or maybe so low I could not see red. Plus I asked guy @ Autozone and the oil he led me to & purchased was (F). Please Help right trans-oil.
Reconn 46

RESERVOIR????....NORMALLY THERE IS NO CAP OR RESERVOIR ON THE TOP END OF THE TRANNY.

ARE YOU LOOKING AT THE TRANSMISSION OR POWER STEERING OR SOMETHING ELSE?

IS THIS AN AUTOMATIC?

ON AUTOMATICS I'M FAMILIAR WITH, FLUID GOES IN THRU THE TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK HOLE

NORMALLY THE TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK HAS THE "TYPE OF FLUID" STAMPED ON THE BLADE OF THE DIPSTICK

I'M NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH YOUR VEHICLE, BUT IF YOU WILL RESPOND WITH ENGINE SIZE AND TRANSMISSION TYPE (MANUAL OR AUTO) I MAY BE ABLE TO FIND SOME INFO AND MAYBE DIAGRAMS

IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHERE YOU ARE ABOUT TO POUR ANY FLUID IN---AT MINIMUM, GRAB THE MATURE LOOKING, BEEN THERE A WHILE FELLER AT THE PARTS STORE TO HELP YOU...YOU MAY THINK THAT'S NOT MACHO OR COOL......JUST THINK WHAT YOU WILL LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU REALLY DO IT IN!

THIS IS REALLY THE BEST ADVICE I CAN OFFER, SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

YOUR TURN