TRANSMISSION HAS NO FLOW.

1996 Mercury Tracer

1996 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 174310 miles

I will start out saying there is no flow coming from the transmission cooler return. I also checked the " L" port like my mechanic said, no flow.

Originally the car ran and drove fine. I had to pull the transmission because the cir-clip holding the driver side inner CV-joint wouldn't let the joint come out. So I seperated the case, dissasmbled the diff, knocked out the stuck joint, reassembled the trans, reinstalled the trans and found out there was no flow.

I am wondering if the little driveshaft that goes from the torque converter to the pump might have slipped out too much. Maybe when I tightened the torque converter bolts it pulled the shaft too far?

I over filled the trans just to see if there was an air bubble in the pump that wouldn't let anything flow, still nothing.

Just wondering if you can help me?
Thanks,
Chris Moser
92dakotabb

HI there,

I feel that your problem will be in the pump or pump drive, I think that you have no option but to remove the transmission & torque converter and start inspecting for a failure.

Mhpautos