ENGINE DISPLACEMENT

1996 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 312,500 miles

Im not sure what is the engine displacement on my civic. All the while, I thought it was 1.6L. Only lately I have seen on the internet 1.5L, 1.8L, 2.0L engine sizes.I bought the car used. No owners manual, no underhood sticker. Trunk has only the honda logo and civic attached to it, no model indicated(lx, ex, SiR, vti). Are there any way to determine the displacement aside from measuring the bore and stroke?
I need the info for purchasing spare parts. Tnx.
P.S. Car has no power steering, no power windows, no central lock and alarm. Top speed 190kph/118mph. RPM max, around 6000.
Axis

The engine code would tell you the engine model.

At front of engine near the transmission you would see the engine code and serial number.

D15? = 1.5 L

That was very helpful.
It was there, D15B.
On my spare engine, it was D15Z4.
Whats the difference between the two?
If I replace the engine with a higher displacement, say 1.8 or 2.0, what are the other parts I need to replace?

Axis
The engine wire harness, ECM/PCM, transmission and drive axles are the items you have to contend with.

The engine currently mounted on the car is D15b.
It seems my engine was changed before I bought it.
The link states that rev limiter is 7200rpm,
I have installed an aftermarket tachometer and I could reach only 6000rpm.
Do I need to change the ECU same as the model from which that engine came from so that I could reach 7200rpm? Or other civic models will be enough to do the job.

Axis
The PCM is the controlling component for rev limiter and you need the correct PCM to get the desired results. There are various DB15 engines and their PCM might differ.

What you need is a PM5 or P04 ECU to have the rev limiter at 7200.
If the PCM on vehicle is the correct one, you would need to check the TPS adjustment.

Tnx again for all the valuable info. Next weekend ill check the PCM and TPS.

Axis
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.