I NEED A DIAGRAM OF THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT SOLENOIDS, TO IDENTIFY WHICH DOES WHICH FUNCTION (1ST) (2ND) (3RD) EXCT.....

1996 Honda Accord • 198,000 miles

Hello again! I am working on a 1996 Honda accord 2.2 The car wont shift at all if you take off in (D4). However if you manually shift from (1) to (2) it shifts great but no (D3) or (D4). My theory is that the (3-4) solenoid has failed since (D4) controls the auto shift as well. I would like to swap these solenoids off another transmission to test this, before I tell my customer he needs a transmission. What I need from you is a diagram of which solenoids are for what on this transmission. Any other pointers would be great as well. And to help you out there are no codes, the fluid is bright red and un-burnt and it is a non servicable transmission.
Mikederouin88

The upper solenoid is the lock up solenoid.

The lowers are a/b shift solenoids. They are replaced as an assembly.

Honda is different from others. The solenoids A and B are for all shifting modes. The valve body is the one doing the up and down shifting, of course with the aid of the TCM and solenoids.

Do you have any trouble codes?
Is the TPS functioning correctly?
After manually shifting from 2 to D3 or D4, what happens?

No trouble codes and no response at all in D3 or D4. Is A for 1-2, and B for 3-4? Even though they are replaced as an assembly? Is the valve body accessabl through the pan?

Mikederouin88
No trouble codes and no response at all in D3 or D4. Does that mean the engine is revving up?

Is A for 1-2, and B for 3-4? I mentioned earlier, they are used by all gears and is only on/off solenoids for pressure.

Is the valve body accessible through the pan? No, because there isn't any pan.

Looks like you have an internal fault with the valve body. Is reverse working correctly? Any slippage?

Reverse works good 1 and 2 sewn to be perfectly normal, just no response out of d3 and d4. Is their a separate tcm from the ecm.

Mikederouin88