FUEL INJECTORS

1996 Honda Accord • 2.2L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 239,000 miles

Yesterday I replaced fuel injectors I got some from junk yard I cleaned them with brake cleaner. Today the check engine light is on SYSTEM TOO LEAN p0171. What is the best spay can that I can use to clean the injectors? Or what is the best method to clean them when they are out of the engine
Zemorzemor

I hope brake cleaner didn't damage anything. I would have recommended carb cleaner. As far as a lean mixture, if the fuel pressure is within the manufacturer's specs, check for engine vacuum leaks unless you have a check engine light on that indicates an issue with the O2 sensors.

I have a check engine light it says BANK 1 TOO LEAN the car is a 4 cylinder. Does brake cleaner damages injectors?

I checked the fuel pressure it s in spec and the regulator is good the pressure goes up when I unhook the vacuum line goes to the fuel regulator

there is no vacuum leaks neither

Zemorzemor
I have to be honest, I question if brake cleaner was a good choice. Did you replace o-rings?

After thought.

Did you replace the injectors with the exact same type of injector? Same part number? Could they be a lower CFM and creating a lean mixture? Did this problem just start with the replacement injectors?

I think brake cleaner is safe because it does not hurt rubber brake components
I took the used injectors from a 97 Honda accord.
The computer is adding 25% gas. Long fuel trim is 25% and short term is about 10%

Zemorzemor
Yes the problem start after I replaced the injectors

Zemorzemor
I looked at part numbers between a 97 and 96. They were the same. Since the problem started since you replaced them, I really feel the issue is either a vacuum leak that you are missing or the injectors are different. Is there any way you could check the part numbers and compare?

Yes on the injectors there is a number is 4008 and match with the old one so the part is the same

Zemorzemor
That's good. Did you replace the o-rings on the injectors when you replaced them? Also, when you checked for vacuum leaks, how did you go about it?

The injector at the rail end has a o ring. However at the intake manifold end the injector has not a o ring. There is a ring seal goes in the hole of the intake manifold where the injector goes. I did not replace the o rings or the ring seal I checked for vacuum leak using car cleaner I sprayed on the intake no vacuum leak.
Today I tried again to clean the injector I used fuel injector cleaner the chevron brand it was not a success it went worse the computer is adding now 45% short fuel trim and the engine is misfiring rough idle.

Zemorzemor