TROUBLE CODE 14

1996 Dodge Intrepid • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I HAVE A 96 DODGE INTREPID 3.5L V6 I PULLED UP THE TROUBLE CODE 14 WITH THE KEY METHOD ANY IDEA IF THIS WOULD MAKE MY CAR NOT START AND HOW TO FIX IT
BAILEY79

DTC-14 MAP sensor electrical circuit. A problem with it, will give you a drivability problem not a no start condition

Possibly. That's "Map sensor voltage too high or too low". Could be a defective map sensor but check first to see if it's unplugged. Next measure the three wires to see if one of them has 5.0 volts when it's plugged in or two of them should have 5.0 volts if it's unplugged. The black / light blue wire should have near 0.2 volts.

One clue to a bad map sensor is the engine will typically start and will stay running poorly as long as you are moving the gas pedal. It will stall when you hold the gas pedal steady in any position.

I HAVE CHANGED THE PCM PLUGS WIRES EGR VALVE AND SELONOID CRANKPOSITION SENSOR AND IAC AND TPS ALL TO NO AVAIL DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER CLUE AS TO MY NO START IT WILL ONLY MOMENTARILY FIRE I HAVE ALSO CHECKED THE TIMING MARKS ALL GOOD

BAILEY79
Ah. Now we get the "rest of the story". If it runs for a couple of seconds, it is likely in theft mode. Use the key to unlock the front doors. If it doesn't work from the driver's door, try the right door. If that works, check for broken wires between the left door hinges or if the switch is disconnected.

Does this car have the factory-installed anti-theft system?

IT HAD ONE AND I REMOVED IT IT SEEMS THAT THE ENGINE WILL ONLY ATTEMPT TO START AT WOT ANY IDEA OF HOW TO REMOVE IT FROM THEFT MODE

BAILEY79
Hold on. You can not "remove" the anti-theft system. What did you do to disable it? Oh, wait; are you referring to an add-on system or the factory system?

IT WAS AN ADD ON SYSTEM I JUST REMOVED ALL OF THE WIRES AND REPAIRED THE SPLUICES

BAILEY79
Dandy. I'm going to guess that since someone had added an anti-theft device, the car didn't come with the factory system. If the engine will start and run for about two seconds, stalls, then will do that again only if the ignition switch is turned off first to reset the computers, it may be in theft mode. That can happen in rare instances if a glitch or voltage spike tricks either the Engine Computer or the Body Computer into thinking the car has the factory anti-theft system. Once either computer thinks that, it will self-program itself to that system AND it will teach that programming to the other computer. That upgrade programming can not be undone. To solve that you must replace both computers at the same time. If you just replace one, it will learn that programming from the other one as soon as you turn on the ignition switch. If you try to install used computers from the salvage yard, you must know the history of the car they came from and only use computers from another car without factory anti-theft.

The way to tell if the system has reprogrammed itself is to view live data on a scanner. The Chrysler scanners display "fuel: allowed" or "fuel: off". The fuel pump will run but the injectors won't fire. I'm not sure if or how the fuel state is displayed on aftermarket scanners.