I CANT FIGURE OUT MY RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE IN ALL 6 CYLINDERS.

1996 Chrysler Sebring • 166,000 miles

My vehicles check engine light flashes quite often at random times, and random speed. It gives me random cylinder misfire codes from P0300 to P0306. I have changed the EGR valve, distributer cap, rotor, plugs, and wires and would like to know where to go from here.
Kodyclarence

Check the fuel pressure and try replacing the fuel filter if it is a long time since it was last replaced.

Ok. I will do that. I don't believe my vehicle has a fuel filter. I haven't checked but it was mentioned to me that that particular vehicle doesn't. Another thing is when I am driving and my vehicle starts to misfire the car will jerk once for just a second and it shuts the check engine light off and turns it back on. Not like a flash like when it misfires. Sometimes it will do that a couple times in about 2-3 second intervals. Now that you mention fuel pressure it could be that it loses fuel completely for a second.

Kodyclarence
With such symptoms, I believe it is more likely to be electrical rather than the fuel pressure.

Check for loose connections of wire connectors, especially those around the PCM.

All vehicles would have a fuel filter only the location differs. Which engine do you have?

It is the 2.5 V6 DOHC. I've checked all of the wiring to emissions components and things like that and they all seem to be fine. No cracks, corrosion, loose connections, nothing. I thought maybe the 02 sensors were setting it off, but no 02 sensor codes are popping up. I've hooked a scan tool up to it and checked the freeze frames and it says its setting the codes off at about 68 MPH. But the engine light will go off at random speeds.

Kodyclarence
If thee is a fault, the MIL should stay on under normal circumstances. Blinking MIL indicates it is most likely related to the PCM.

Is that the computer of the vehicle?

Kodyclarence
Fuel-Filter
IF THIS AIN'T BEEN CHANGED IN .......LIKE FOREVER

IT'S TIME!

WHETHER THIS IS THE PROBLEM NOW...OR NOT

THE "ASTU MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE" (AS STUFF TEARS UP) WORKS, BUT USUALLY IS IMPLEMENTED AFTER MUCH PREVENTABLE HEARTACHE

"THE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM" GENERALLY KEEPS YOU.....HAPPY AND WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE!......THIS MIGHT BE THE KEY TO MANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS.....SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO WHAT A BOOK CAN DO FOR YOU,

SORRY.......YOU WERE ALSO EXPOSED TO "REAL VEHICLES" IN THAT LINK...SEE THIS LINK ALSO

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1995-mitsubishi-eclipse-knocks-smokes

KEEP US POSTED

Yes, PCM is the engine computer.

MORNIN' TO YA KHLow2008

WON'T YA SWING BY HERE AND PICK ME UP. WE COULD GRAB US TWO SAUSAGE, EGG, AND CHEESE BISCUITS, A BOWL OF GRITS, TWO INDUSTRIAL SIZED GLASSES OF 32.2 DEGREE FAHRENHEIT MOO JUICES (MILK)?. EACH, THAT IS, AND YOU COULD PICK UP THE TAB.'LESS-UN YOU WANNA GO IN ONE OF MY JEEPS. AND STILL PICK UP THE TAB!

HURRY.I AM PRETTY HUNGRY!

Just past the 10 pm mark here, I should be going for supper, lol.

Page 1 of 3