WINDING UP NOISE

1996 Chevrolet Blazer • 201,000 miles

When pushing on the gas pedal the suv makes a winding noise like a low siren almost but it still accelerates, im trying to figure out what might that be
Geraldc85

Does it do it in park while pressing the gas?Or only while driving?

It does it both times when parked n when driving, it just makes the noise n it feel like there's a lag between pushing the gas pedal n the SUV accelerating but that all there's no grinding, shaking or anything else just the winding up noise

Geraldc85
Li sin under the hood with a stethoscope to all the drive pulleys. Or remove the drive belt and spin all the pulleys be hand checking for noise. Let me know what you find

Djcl
That was my next step I was going to have you do.I would first spin the pulleys you can spin with the belt. Listen for abnormal noise etc. Then I would start it for few seconds without the belt to see if the noise is gone. That way you know its on the pulleys and not in the engine somewhere.