CHEVY REAR HATCH AND INSIDE LIGHTS

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125133 miles

A few days ago a fuse blew in my blazer which controls the rear hatch which only opens electrically the interior lights, vanity lights, and horn. I find it to be very unsafe to be unable to open my rear hatch incase of an emergency. I hope you can help.
Dholley

Hi dholley,

Thank you for the donation.

Does the fuse blows after replacement?

Does it blow only if any component is operated?

The fuse blows immediately not when you operate an item. I checked and all the light bulbs are ok

Dholley
The fuse is utilised by the following components : 1. Left vanity mirror
2. Right vanity mirror
3. Driver information center.
4. Remote keyless entry.
5. Power outside rear view mirror.
6. Interior lamps control module.
7. Endgate lock switch
8. Rear dome lamp.

Any of the above or their wiring circuits can cause the fuse to blow if they are shorted to body.

Prior to this occurring, did anything significant occurred, such as repairs or impact damages?

If none, then you would have to start by unplugging all the components and test if the fuse still blows. If fuse does not blow with all components disconnected, start to reconnect one by one and the noe that causes the fuse to blow would be the faulty component.