95 III WON'T START AND NO CRANK. ANY IDEAS?

1995 Volkswagen Jetta • 113,330 miles

I bought a used 95 Jetta III about 9 months ago. Everything was running fine until around late December when I stopped and got gas and the car wouldn't start after I was done pumping. I had it towed to a garage and had the starter replaced and everything was fine. A few months later, I get out of work on a relatively warm day and the car won't start. No noise came from the car. No crank. Nothing. All of the lights turned on and the radio work as well which made me think it wasn't a battery problem. But I thought it couldn't hurt to try and jump it. Still nothing. I had it towed back to my mechanic and it started fine for him which confused me even more. A few months pass and one morning it doesn't start again. Same thing, no crank, all the electrical aspects work, but every now and then when I try and turn it over there is a slight grinding noise coming from the engine. I replace the battery and still nothing. So I have it towed back to the same mechanic and they replace the spark plug coil and the fuel pump sensor and it starts fine for about a month. Now it seems to not start on hot days and/or when it's been sitting out in the sun. I have looked online for answers and I have noticed that there are a few common problems with this year's model. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it?
Beggin1135

I would look at the connection on the starter motor. The little wire may not be making good contact.