BRAKES/MASTER CYLINDER

1995 Volkswagen GTI • 93,000 miles

First off we are trying every angle to solve this issue: Lost brake pedal pressure- Brake pedal was losing pressure and occasionally going to the floor before giving any complete stopping power. I was able to pump it a bit to get some push back on the pedal.
Bled the brakes yesterday-- There was quite a bit of air coming from the 4 lines. This made it worse! The pedal now completely goes to the floor before giving any stopping pressure. Pumping gives a smidge of push, but nothing in comparison as before.
While bleeding the brakes, I was pouring the fluid in to maintain the balance. There was a air leaking sound when the pedal was pushed down.

Could this be something as simple as the break booster grommet(s) being bad and needing replaced? Or am I looking at a more serious issue?
Vr6devil

Did you replace the master cylinder? If not, it sounds like it has failed and needs to be replaced.

That is our next step. We're purchasing a used one and hoping for the best.

Vr6devil
Forget the used one and get a new or reman. You will end up with the same issue

I don't have the funds for new or reman, if I did, I'd go that route.

Vr6devil
Ok, good luck, I hope it works out for you.